Creamy Rice Pudding with Khaas Pasteurized Milk
- 1 cup of rice
- 4 cups of Khaas Pasteurized Milk
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (optional)
- Raisins or other dried fruits (optional, for garnish)
- To eliminate extra starch, rinse the rice under cold water. Drain thoroughly.
- Combine the rice, Khaas Pasteurized Milk, and salt in a big saucepan. Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the saucepan with a lid after the mixture begins to boil. Simmer, stirring periodically, for about 20 minutes, or until the rice is soft.
- Add the sugar and vanilla essence to the pot. To combine and dissolve the sugar, stir thoroughly. Simmer for 10 minutes more, stirring regularly to keep the rice from sticking to the bottom.
- Sprinkle ground cinnamon over the rice pudding and gently stir to combine.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let aside for a few minutes to cool. As it cools, the custard will thicken even more.
- Serve the rice pudding hot or cold. If desired, garnish with raisins or other dried fruits. Enjoy!
Note: You can alter the sweetness of the rice pudding to your liking by adding more or less sugar. Similarly, feel free to add your favorite spices, such as nutmeg or cardamom, to the recipe for added flavor.